Tuesday 13 February 2007

A STORY


This story of 'Abdu'l-Baha was shared by Mr Aziz Yazdi,
retired Counsellor and former member of the International Teaching Centre, at a Baha'i Pre-Youth Winter School held December 6 - 8, 1991 in Puslinch,Ontario, Canada.
It is taken from "Parenting in the New World Order", Vol. 1, Issue #6)

"Now I am going to tell you an interesting story about the Nineteen Day Feast.
The Feast would be in the same room (next to the Shrine of the Bab) and after the prayers, 'Abdu'l-Baha spoke to us. There would be a big table near the door full of good things, fruits and sweets. 'Abdu'l-Baha Himself would stand next to this table. Then we would come, one by one, He would put some fruit and other good things with His own hands into our hands. We would go out, we would kiss the fruit and eat them and enjoy them. It was very good fruit.Now one of these Nineteen Day Feasts, I had a young brother. He was only six years old. He was sick and he could not come. But he is a child - and all these people - who would remember him? I thought nobody would rememberhim. When my turn came, I got my share and kissed it. I was going out to eat it and enjoy it.'Abdu'l-Baha stopped me. He gave me another share and said, Please give this to your brother who is sick and at home." Oh! You have no idea how happy this made me. That 'Abdu'l-Baha remembered my little brother, withoutanyone telling Him that he was sick. We didn't! But He knew it. This is 'Abdu'l-Baha!I was so excited! I wanted to run and tell my father who was outside that 'Abdu'l-Baha remembered my little brother. Before I could move He stopped me again and gave me another one. Guess for whom this one is? He said, 'This is for your mamma who stayed home to look after your brother."You see how thoughtful and kind He is? For everyone. He remembered everyone. And I can tell you - be rest assured that even now if you turn your heart to Him and pray to Him, He will not forget you. Ask for His help and assistance. Please ask for His assistance - especially! He will almost take your hand and show the way to you. It's so beautiful, so beautiful."_________________________________________________________

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive