Wednesday 14 February 2007

***************************"
INNATE MIRACLES"
***************************By Martin O. Minney
The Power of Innate Intelligence
I want to share with you two stories of patients in my office thatexperienced what I like to call "Innate Miracles". A brief explanation maybe in order. I am currently a practicing Chiropractor and I graduatedfrom Palmer College of Chiropractic in October, 1975. While I was inschool, I took two seminars that changed my life. One was on thephilosophy of Chiropractic called "Forgotten Fundamentals" taught by Dr.H. Marshall Himes and the other on DNFT (Directional Non-Force Technique)taught by Dr. Richard Van Rumpt.
Combining all that I learned at Palmer with these two seminars gave me astrong base from which to operate my practice. Being from a Baha'i familyI knew of the Writings on the soul, health, and healing. Once in practice,I began to study the Writings in depth and incorporate what I was learninginto the practice. Now, twenty-five years later, my practice is based onthe spiritual teachings of Baha'u'llah. Without question, this body ofinformation is the foundation of all that I do in my practice. A goodexample of this is the passage in Gleanings (pgs 164 - 166) on the RationalFaculty. This is the absolute best description of the concept of InnateIntelligence I have ever found. It is clear to me that D. D. Palmer was onto something when he discovered Chiropractic in 1895 and connected to theenergy of Baha'u'llah's Revelation.
Here are the stories:
The Story of Darlene
On my first day in practice, October 1975 in Summersville, WV, the thirdpatient I saw was a 14 year old named Darlene. She had been diagnosed with"ulcerative colitis", was bleeding to death and the doctors told her familythat she had 6 months to live. Darlene and her mom gave me the history andthen they both looked at me and mom asked "Can you help her?" I looked atDarlene and asked "Are you still alive?" She grinned. "Since you arestill alive, we have a good shot at it", I said.
I did my evaluation looking for the interference patterns in the nervoussystem. The biggest area of interference was in the upper cervical areawith a secondary pattern in the sacral area. I further evaluated anddetermined to begin the adjusting with an upper cervical correction. Idon't remember if I used the Palmer Toggle-Recoil or the DNFT uppercervical work, but it cleared the whole pattern!
We did the adjustments as Darlene's body needed and saw her frequentlyduring the first thirty days. During that time, lots of changes occurred.She would hemorrhage and masses would be found in the stool. The tumorswere being sloughed off by the innate wisdom of the body. Each time onewould be released, she would bleed. We did no therapies nor medicalmonitoring like blood pressure or blood tests, etc.
After the first month, she began to gain some weight and her body began tostabilize and grow stronger. There was light in her eyes now and she wasdoing better in school. At the end of 6 months, she went to Charleston fora checkup with the medical people. They ran all of their tests and found"no evidence that she had ever had a problem". They were stunned! "Howdid you do this?" Mom told them "A lot of prayers, intense Faith, and agood Chiropractor."

The Story of Michelle

I heard about Michelle when my wife came home from work at the Universityof Wyoming Library and told me that her boss's daughter had been in a caraccident in Buffalo. Of the five or six people in the car, only one wasseriously hurt. Michelle was the best friend of this girl. Michelleshattered her C-5 segment and was not expected to ever walk again.
I was called by Michelle's dad some six months later as they were moving toLaramie and he was looking for a Chiropractor to work with Michelle. Hehad called the other Chiropractors in town and they all said that I was theonly one crazy enough to try it. We set up a visit after they got settledin their new home.
Michelle had no sensation from the armpits down, could move her head,shoulders, and elbows, though without looking, she was not aware where herarms were. No awareness of any internal functions either. We talked aboutInnate Intelligence and how it would always strive for the best in thebody. We talked about how interference garbles the messages and puts thenervous system into a state of confusion. I explained that it doesn't takeforce to clear the interference pattern as we are not trying to moveanything, just open the channels of communication. I did my evaluation andfound a major interference pattern in the upper cervical area. The area ofthe injury was pretty stable. The first adjustment was a DNFT uppercervical group series. The interference cleared!
I saw Michelle for the first time on a Saturday, rechecked her on Sunday,Tuesday , Thursday and on the following Monday when I went to see her,Gary, her dad, had a black eye. He was an officer with the Wyoming HighwayPatrol so I teased him a little. He told me that Michelle did it. Now,Michelle couldn't weigh more than 125 pounds and she's in the chair. Hehad her explain. "Saturday night we were all going out for dinner and dadwas putting on my shoes. He had my right one on and was putting on my leftshoe when I decked him. He asked 'What was that for?' and I said 'You hurtmy foot! He said 'What?! I said You hurt my foot!' Then we all gotexcited!!!!" I got excited, too!!!
From there it was all upwards. In the course of a year, she got all of herbladder and bowel control back, had sensation over 90% of her body, wasgetting voluntary contractions in her calves, thighs, abdomen and back, wasable to move her wrists and beginning to move her fingers on both hands.
She then moved to Las Vegas to work with the Help Them Walk AgainFoundation. I went down and saw her a couple of times and checked her out.I did evaluations for all of their patients and learned a lot about spinalcord injury. Approximately 6 months after my last visit with her, Ireceived a photo in the mail. It was Michelle, standing under her ownpower, and the look on her face is beyond priceless. On the back it said"Thanks! Love, Michelle"
It was the most AWESOME and humbling thing to watch. If I didn't have areally fortified, really strong belief in the power of Innate Intelligenceby then, after 11 - 12 years of practice, I had it NOW!!! It was a lessonin TRUST, SUBMISSION, and OBEDIENCE. Innate mind has access to infinitepower. Conscious mind does NOT know it all. Conscious mind needs tobecome the obedient servant of Innate.
If you are interested, I will be glad to share with you more of what I havelearned about health, healing, and the spiritual nature of mankind. For a"brief" look at the foundations of what I do, see Gleanings pages 136 -200. It is about the soul and our spirituality. Read it aloud.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive